Friday 3 September 2010


I had to laugh when I read about these new sneakers (trainers not chocolate bars to us UK folk). Dada (that well known footwear manufacturer that I’ve never heard of) are releasing a new kind of sneaker called CODE M that incorporates an MP3 player and speakers.
The CODE M range integrates the electronics in the shoe’s heel and tongue, music is then streamed to the wireless headphones. It has a range of 30 feet so you could effectively listen to the music whilst somebody else is wearing the shoes (why you’d want to do this is anybodies guess). The shoes also have an external speaker on the side so that you can share your music with people around you.
I’m all for wacky gadgets but I just can’t see these taking off, I don’t want to be tied to one pair of trainers if I want to listen to music on the move and plugging a USB cable into my shoe just seems silly. I was going to argue that I wear-out shoes and trainers on a 6 monthly basis but as I also upgrade my music player at least as frequently that wouldn’t really be in issue

1 comment: